Makvärket activities are carried out by a number of working groups that concentrate on specific aspects of the project.
Members can get involved with any number of groups (or propose the creation of a new one!).
The current groups are:
- Booking: Coordinates bookings of the different spaces available at Makvärket.
- Community: Engages with the local community and neighbours.
- Construction: Plans and executes construction projects.
- Economy: Oversees budgets and accounting of the project.
- Events: Organises events and brings cultural content to Makvärket.
- Event equipment: Maintains the technical equipment available for events like sound, light, etc.
- Event hosting: Helps event organisers to create great experiences at Makvärket.
- Factory group: Carries out the daily activities at The Factory, from maintenance and construction projects to supporting events and bookings. The Factory Group often accommodates short-term volunteers coming from all corners of the world 🌍
- Fundraising: Seeks fundraising opportunities and prepares applications for them.
- Garden: Coordinates gardening projects.
- IT: Maintains the website, the wifi network and other IT projects.
- Media: Social media and public communication.
- Music studio: Project to create a music studio.
- Peoples kitchen: Organises and cooks for the peoples kitchen every first Friday of the month.
- Restorative circle: Conflict resolution work.
- The little train: Restoring the little train so one day it can drive around Makvärket.
We are working to provide improved communication and visibility into the groups’ activities. For the moment, please get in touch if you want to become part of any group.